Last Revised: August 24, 2022
WHO ARE WE?
What do you mean by personal information?
Personal information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with an individual or household. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been de-identified so that it cannot reasonably identify, relate to, describe, be capable of being associated with, or be linked, directly or indirectly, to a particular consumer. Your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and any other examples of contact information that you provide to us are all examples of data that may be personal information.
What personal information do you collect about me?
We collect and store personal information directly from you when you interact with us in person, over the phone, or via social media, or when you submit it to us online, by phone or by email. Categories of personal information that we collect about you when you interact with us online or offline may include the following:
- Identification data you share with us, including name, address, and gender;
- Contact information you share with us, including e-mail address, phone number, and mailing address;
- Age and date of birth data that you share with us;
- Contact information and address information associated with social media accounts that you provide to us, including web address, profile and related information associated with your social media accounts;
- Information you share with us or our advertising partners in connection with surveys, contests, marketing initiatives, or sweepstakes and promotions (including text-to-win contests and cross-promotional advertising) (collectively, “contests and promotions”); and
- Information you submit to us directly via email or other communication methods.
We may also collect your personal information from other sources, such as:
- Our partners and affiliates, and through automatic collection;
- Information we get from our partners or affiliates to support contests and promotions and our marketing initiatives, administer our contests and promotions, improve our services, and monitor, manage, and measure the impact of our advertising campaigns.
How do you use my personal information?
We use the above categories of personal information to support our typical business activities, and to provide services to our customers, in particular for the following purposes:
- Improve our products or services;
- Get in touch with you after you submit an inquiry to us;
- Where we make available a mailing list or newsletter and you provide us with your e-mail address to join our mailing list or newsletter, we may use your e-mail address to send you promotional information on our products, services, subscriptions, tastings, and events, information about special offers, and information about contests and promotions. To unsubscribe from our mailing list or newsletter, please follow the unsubscribe link in our e-mails or contact email@example.com;
- Review and use your personal information for compliance with our legal obligations, and to protect against fraud;
- Invite you to participate in surveys on your satisfaction with our products, services, subscriptions, tastings, or events;
- Use and disclose your contact and personal information to our affiliates and advertising partners, for use in cross-promotional advertising and lookalike ad targeting (including to develop advertising profiles and look-alike audience profiles); and
- Administer, maintain, and communicate with you about contests and promotions in which you have chosen to participate, including determining eligibility for contests and contacting winners regarding prizes.
How can I opt-out of receiving marketing e-mails?
We may communicate with you through e-mail for marketing and promotional purposes. When you receive such communications from Mark Anthony, you can always unsubscribe using the link in the e-mail. Alternatively, you can reach out directly to us and we will help you out: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do you protect my personal information?
We strive to implement reasonable measures to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and any other unauthorized access or use. We aim to ensure that the level of security and the measures adopted to protect your personal information are appropriate for the risks presented by the nature and use of your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee with 100 percent certainty that your personal information will be secure from theft, loss, alteration, misuse, or unauthorized access, nor do we make any representation as to the reasonableness, efficacy, or appropriateness of the measures we use to safeguard such information. We are not responsible for any attempt made by a third party to circumvent our privacy and security protocols. Please immediately contact email@example.com in the event that you feel the security of your personal information has been compromised.
Who will access my personal information in your organization?
We only allow our employees and the employees of other related entities and affiliates, where applicable, to use your personal information on a need-to-know basis. Our employees and the employees of other related entities and affiliates handling personal information are subject to confidentiality agreements.
Do you share my personal information with third parties?
We may share the categories of personal information described above with service providers that we partner with to assist us in various functions, including providing you with our services and products (including helping us to administer contests and promotions) where applicable, and providing you with communications and marketing information on our behalf. However, we do not sell your personal information.
These service providers can be classified in the following categories:
- Marketing partners, which we may use to display advertisements, to send you promotional communications, and for the purposes of cross-promotional advertising and lookalike ad targeting (including developing advertising profiles and look-alike audience profiles);
- Promotional vendors, who help us to administer contests and promotions in which you may choose to participate, including by maintaining separate contest and promotion microsites; and
- Other service providers, who we may engage to provide services to us or on our behalf.
We may also share your personal information with others as required under the law, such as where we are required to do so to comply with a valid court order or subpoena.
These service providers may process your personal information as part of the services they offer to us. We take steps to ensure that our service providers process your personal information in accordance with applicable privacy laws and regulations, only use it in accordance with our contract with them, and keep it secure. If you would like more information about our processors, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may have to share your personal information if necessary, in our judgment, to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a subpoena, warrant, or legal order, or to protect our rights or the rights of others. When we receive such requests, we do all necessary verifications to ensure that they are lawful.
We reserve the right to transfer your personal information to a successor entity (or potential buyer) if we sell or transfer our business operation. We reserve the same right in case of merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, reorganization or sale of assets. In addition, in the event we become the subject of an insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, we or our liquidator, administrator, receiver, or administrative receiver may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the court.
Where will my personal information be stored?
We may store your personal information in any jurisdiction where we operate, including in Canada or the United States. When we share your personal information with our trusted partners, they may store some of your personal information in their databases in Canada, the United States, or elsewhere in the world. Please be advised that by transmitting or sending personal information to us, you are transferring your personal information to us in Canada and/or the United States, as applicable, where data protection and privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws of your country.
How long do you keep my personal information?
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you with our services, for our valid business purposes, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, defend our legal rights, and enforce our agreements. You can request that we delete personal information about you in our possession. If you would like us to delete some or all of your personal information, or delete your account or membership (if applicable), you can reach us directly at email@example.com.
What are my rights regarding my personal information?
Different laws allow you to exercise rights relating to your personal information in our possession. Depending on where you are located, these rights can vary. Your rights usually include the right to:
- access copies of the personal information that we collect, use and disclose about you, as long as such data remain available in our databases; and
- ask for the deletion of your personal information in certain circumstances provided by applicable law.
Depending on where you are located and subject to applicable law, you may have additional rights with respect to your personal information in our possession, including:
- “Right to rectification” – the right to ask for the rectification of your personal information in case it is incorrect, incomplete, invalid or ambiguous;
- “Right to be forgotten” - the right to request that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances provided by applicable law;
- “Data portability” - the right to request that we send to another company, where technically feasible, your personal information; and
- The right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances; for example, if you contest the accuracy of the personal information while we are verifying the accuracy thereof; and
- The right to object to processing of your personal information where it is processed on the grounds of legitimate business interests.
If you have any questions about your rights or if you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take reasonable steps to enable you to access your personal information, or to update or correct personal information in our possession that you have previously submitted.
If you request a transcription, reproduction or transmission of your personal information, we may have to charge a reasonable fee to process your request, subject to applicable laws. In this case, we will contact you about these charges before addressing your request.
Additionally, in some cases, your ability to access or control your personal information will be limited, as required or permitted under the applicable laws. If your request is denied, we will notify you in writing, with the reasons for our refusal and information on how to appeal our decision.
How do we protect children’s privacy online?
We do not knowingly collect or store personal information from children. However, if we learn that we have collected personal information from a child without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child, please notify us at email@example.com.
How can I reach you if I have more questions, concerns, or any inquiries?